MANTRA & MEDITATION TRAINING COURSE
120 Hour Yoga Alliance Professionals Accredited Training
Uncovering Stillness, Joy & Bliss
through the Songs of Yoga
TUTOR: Julie Hemmings – Senior YAP Tutor & Trainer, BWY Tutor
Mantra & Meditation Training Course
“Mantra is a parking space for your mind. It allows you to put your thoughts to rest for a while …… As thoughts arise, you come back to the Mantra ….. as you practice more, it begins to work on you”.
Rameshwar Das, Love, Serve, Remember Foundation
This Training Course will take you on a journey of exploration, theory and practice of Mantra and Meditation. You are invited to delve into the Songs of Yoga, to experience their subtle energies, and to understand Yogic Chanting in all its forms. The practice of Yogic Meditation will be explored using the template of Mantra and the Breath.
The course will offer you the opportunity to understand and experience Vedic Chanting, Tantric Shakti Mantras, Japa, Bija and Kirtan. The Sankrit language will be explored in detail with an emphasis on pronunciation.
This training will inspire you to develop a daily practice of chanting and meditation, and to feel confident to introduce it into your teaching.
The 6 day course is spread out over 6 months, with a 4 week gap between Tutor Days to give you time to learn, develop and understand the Practices. The Tutor Days are a mix of theory, practice and discussion, while your home practice is a mix of Mantra Chanting and Meditation.
I have a deep passion for the practices of the Inner Limbs of Yoga : Pranayama, Mantra and Meditation, and I hope to inspire this passion in you too.
- To learn the theory and practice of Sanskrit
- To understand the theory and practice of Mantra
- Learn a variety of traditional mantras
- Understand and experience the different styles of mantra: Vedic, Bhakti, Japa, Bija
- Learn the use of Mantra and the Breath as methods of meditation
- Develop a personal Mantra and Meditation sadhana/practice
- Learn the correct pronunciation of Sanskrit Mantras
Full course content is set out at the bottom of the page. Due to the continued COVID restrictions, this course will be delivered fully online.
Saturdays: 9.30am to 4.00pm (our last session will end at 4.30pm).
18th July, 15th August, 12th September, 10th October, 7th November and 12th December 2021.
Fees: Early Bird – £440 booked and paid before 6th June, 2021 / Full Fee : £490. For more booking information please scroll further down.
Tutor: Julie Hemmings
Julie is a Senior YAP and BWY Tutor with over 24 years of teaching experience. She began her meditation practice in earnest over 26 years ago at the local Buddhist Centre. She has studied on many residential courses at the Mandala Yoga Ashram, and under the guidance of the resident Swamis, has explored in depth the Gayatri Mantra, The Vigyana Bhairava Tantra, Tattwa Shuddhi, Prana Vidya, Durga Path, Ajapa Japa, and Antar Mouna, in addition to many, many blissful hours spent chanting many, many mantras.
Julie has a regular personal Mantra and Meditation practice, plus consistently integrates the techniques into her regular classes and workshops. She teaches the CPD Day ‘Mantra & Meditation‘ and the YAP Accredited 150 Hour Pranayama Training Course. She is also one half of Joyful Heart Kirtan, a Midlands-based duo bringing Kirtan events to the local area.
During Lockdown in 2020 she started to learn and study the language of Yoga –Sanskrit.
This Training Course is open to fully qualified Yoga Teachers and interested Yoga Practitioners with over 4 years of regular yoga experience. It is recommended that you have a good working knowledge and practical experience of Pranayama. This is a very practical course, and you will be expected to complete between 30 and 60 minutes of daily meditation and chanting.
To qualify for certification of the Mantra & Meditaiton Training Course, you will need to:-
- Attend 80% of the training days (5 out of 6 days). In exceptional circumstances, if a training day is missed, you may be able to attend the day on a future course if space is available, or have additional one-to-one tuition (fees apply).
- Complete 30-60 minutes of Personal Practice at least 5 times per week for the duration of the Course
- Complete a Practice Diary for each day of Personal Practice
- Complete all assessments as given throughout the duration of the course by the deadlines provided. Non-teaching attendees do not have to complete the teaching assessments.
- Course Assessments consist of: 1 x extensive essay, 2 x short written pieces, 1 x lesson plans and 1 x recorded teaching practice.
“The letters of the Sanskrit alphabet allow the human mind to
interface with the primal energies of cosmic intelligence and receive its deeper insights.“
The training course consists of:-
- 6 full days of Yoga Alliance Professionals Senior Yoga Tutor and Accredited Trainer Contact from 9.30am to 4.00pm with an hour for lunch and short breaks in the morning and afternoon. The final session will close at 4.30pm.
- Online Learning Portal with additional resources and further tutor contact via the Group Forum.
- Full Training Notes provided in comprehensive PDF format.
- Assessment and feedback of all work submitted.
- Certificate upon successful completion of the training, plus digital badge for Yoga Alliance UK tutors.
- A maximum of 16 participants on each course.
- For this Training Course, I have also developed an Online Learning Portal – a password protected web page with downloads, videos, MP3s and additional resources for each session.
- There will also be a Forum to ask questions and receive additional guidance from myself and your fellow course participants and the opportunity to join a dedicated What’s App group for each Course.
Online via Zoom
9.30am to 4.00pm Final Session ends at 4.30pm
Sunday 18th July, 2021
Sunday 15th August, 2021
Sunday 12th September, 2021
Sunday 10th October, 2021
Sunday 7th November, 2021
Sunday 12th December, 2021
Spaces Left: 15
Early Bird Fee – £440 (booked and paid before 13th June, 2021)
Full Fee – £490
Deposit (non-refundable) to secure your space – £100
Payment Plan is available. Please contact me for details.
- The Sanskirt Alphabet
- Theory of Mantra
- Bija Mantras & Chakras
- The Mantra Om – Theory & Practice
- Vedic Chanting
- Yogic Theory of Mind
- Tantra & the Shakti Mantras
- Gayatri Mantra : Theory & Practice
- Ayur Mantra
- Surya Mantras for Surya Namaskar
- Japa Meditations
- Understanding a selection of the Main Deities
- Devi Suktam
- Breathing Meditations
- Maha Mantra
- Devi Gayatris
- Vigyana Bhairava – Theory & Practices
- Durga Path – 32 Names of Durga
- Nirvana Shatkam
- Bhakti Yoga & Kirtan – Theory & Practice
- Meditation & Mantra for Emotional Healing
- What is Consciousness?
Course content may vary slightly depending on the requirements and experience of each teaching group.
breathe. smile. love.