PRANAYAMA TRAINING COURSE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Training Course is suitable for:
- Yoga Teachers
- Experienced Yoga Students with over 5 years of regular yoga practice.
2. Course Requirements
To qualify for certification of the Pranayama Training Course, you will need to:-
- Attend 80% of the training days (5 out of 6 days).
- Complete 30 minutes of Personal Practice at least 5 times per week for the duration of the Course
- Complete a Pranayama Diary for each day of Personal Practice
- Complete all assessments as given throughout the duration of the course by the deadlines provided
- Course Assessments consist of: 3 x essays, 4 x short written pieces, 2 x lesson/workshop plans (teachers only).
If a training day is missed, you may be able to attend that session on a future course if space is available. Alternatively I can offer a one-to-one session to tutor you through the missed content. This can be at my home in Staffordshire or via Skype. There will be an hourly charge for this additional tutoring.
The completion date for submission of all work is 4 weeks after the final teaching session (Day 6). In exceptional circumstances, extensions may be given at the discretion of the tutor, where evidence can be provided (illness, unforseen circumstances etc).
3. Course Provision
The training course consists of:-
- 6 full days of Yoga Alliance Professionals Senior Yoga Tutor Contact training from 10.00am to 5.00pm with an hour for lunch.
- Online Learning Portal with additional resources and further tutor contact via the Group Forum.
- Full Training Notes provided in comprehensive PDF format.
- Assessment and feedback of all work submitted.
- Certificate upon successful completion of the training.
Not included in the course fees are:- travel, food, course books and accommodation.
4. Booking Procedure
1. Initial Booking
Complete the booking form on the website giving all necessary details and information. Confirm on the booking form that you have read and agree with these Terms and Conditions.
2. Secure your Place
You will need to secure your place with a non-refundable £100 deposit. You can pay securely online – details are on the booking form, or via Bank Transfer. Your booking confirmation email will contain BACS details. Once the deposit is received, a receipt will be sent via email.
3. Full Payment
The remaining balance for the full costs of the Course will need to be paid no later than 4 weeks before the start of the Course. Extensions to payments and payment plans, in exceptional circumstances, may be given at the discretion of the tutor.
Divine Works Yoga reserves the right to withdraw your place if the deposit or full fees have not been paid by the required date.
5. Cancellation and Refund Policy
In the event of either the student or the tutor needing to cancel the training, the following policies apply:-
- Student Cancellation
You may withdraw your application from the training course up to 30 days before the start date, and receive a refund of all monies paid, minus the non-refundable £100 deposit.
Within the 30 day pre-course period, and once the course has started, no monies can be refunded, either wholly or in part. In exceptional circumstances, at the discretion of the tutor, where evidence can be provided, you may be offered a place on a future training. Please note that the locations of these trainings vary, and there is no guarantee that it will be offered in the same geographical location.
All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the tutor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Course Cancellation
In the rare case that the training course has to be cancelled or postponed, full refunds of all monies paid, including deposits, will be given.
3. Circumstances beyond our Control
In the event of circumstances beyond our control, we may occasionally have to reschedule dates or relocate the training venue. Such circumstances may include, but are not limited to:- fire, flood, electrical failure, industrial action by third parties, civil unrest or tutor illness.
In these circumstances, every effort will be made to minimise disruption to the training, and to ensure that every participant is given the opportunity to continue with the training course.
6. Code of Conduct
During the training course, and upon completion and certification, it is asked that you maintain ethical and professional standards of practice.
- In line with the teachings of ahimsa, you will undertake the safe practice of the techniques given, and to consider all the precautions and contra-indications where necessary, both in your own personal practice, and when teaching them to your students.
- In line with the teachings of satya, you will make known to the Tutor any medical conditions, injuries or illness before the start of the Course, or as and when they arise during the training.
- In line with the teachings of asteya, you will not share the teaching materials with other tutors, students or teaching establishments.
- In line with the teachings of ahimsa, you will not engage in any behaviour that is deemed abusive, threatening, discourteous or discriminatory, either towards the Tutor, or other Course participants.
- In line with the teachings of tapas, you will endeavour to seriously commit to the undertakings, practices and assessments of the training course to the best of your ability.
- Failure to observe this Code of Conduct may result in your exclusion from the remainder of the Course. Procedures for this are set out in Clause 9.
7. Yoga Alliance Professionals UK
This training course is accredited by the Yoga Alliance Professionals UK. Your name and email address will be submitted to them, and they may contact you in regard to offering YAP subsidised membership.
In line with GDPR Regulations, your data will be used and protected in the following ways:-
- Personal Data
Your personal data:- name, address, and contact details, will be used to contact you during the course and if needed, once the course has been completed. Your medical information will be used to determine precautions and contra-indications for certain practices.
This data will be held by Divine Works Yoga on a password protected electrical device for the legally required 7 years.
- Payment Data
Your payment details will be stored by the secure servers of Stripe Payment Processing and Woo Commerce, and used to process your payments. This data will be held by them for the legally required term.
- Data Sharing
As set out in Clause 8, your name and email address will be shared with the Yoga Alliance Professionals UK, and no other Third Party, unless required by law.
9. Complaints Procedure
In the event that you are not happy with any elements of the training provided, I will make every endeavour to resolve the situation to the best of my ability. The complaints procedure is as follows:-
- Contact me for an informal, confidential conversation.
- If you are not satisfied with the conclusion, please submit your complaint in writing to: email@example.com. I will endeavour to provide you with a written response within 14 days, unless external recourse is necessary.
In the unlikely event that the Tutor has concerns about a participant not abiding by the Code of Conduct, as set out in Clause 6 you will be:-
- Contacted for an informal, verbal discussion to remedy the situation.
- In the event of a continuation of the event, the participant will be given a written warning.
- Failure to comply after the written warning may result in the participant being excluded from further attendance on the Training Course, with no provision for refund of monies paid.
These Terms & Conditions are designed to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable and productive experience on the course, and are correct as at September 2019. Any updates will be posted here and current participants will be notified of the changes.
Julie Hemmings, Divine Works Yoga
You can also download a PDF copy of these Terms & Conditions by clicking the button.
breathe. smile. love.